Because of the generosity and foresight of many thoughtful individuals and families, over $26,000 worth of scholarships are available annually through the Sedalia School District Foundation.
Scholarships available from the Sedalia School District Foundation
Students interested in applying for a Foundation Scholarship must meet the following criteria
- Be a 2017 graduate of Smith-Cotton High School or Whittier Alternative High School.
- Provide two letters of recommendation. One recommendation letter should be from school personnel and one from an outside source.
- Attach a written essay on "Why I should be chosen for this scholarship." Along with any specific essay required to apply for certain scholarships.
- Attach a list of leadership qualifications and extra-curricular activities they have been involved in at Smith-Cotton High School.
- Have a significant classroom teacher complete the Teacher Recommendation form.
- Write a thank you note to the appropriate Foundation Scholarship Donor, in care of the Sedalia School District Foundation, PO Box 2505, Sedalia MO 65302-2505 by May 30, 2017.
Detailed instructions for completing the application packet, FAQs, Helpful Hints, and the criteria for each scholarship is included in the SSDF 2017 Scholarship Application.