- Generate tax-free money for Sedalia School District use
- Develop a perpetual private fund to help encourage long-range planning and to fund specific projects
- Provide financial assistance for innovative projects or programming created by Sedalia School District staff
- Develop and improve relationships with individuals and groups by offering a tax-free way to support activities and programs in the Sedalia School District in which they may have a special interest
- Provide additional funding for scholarships
- The Sedalia School District Foundation calls attention to school needs, solicits and encourages tax-free gifts from friends, alumni, concerned citizens and businesses of the Sedalia School District, provides an alternative funding source for programs, activities and improvements to our schools beyond the capability of, and in addition to, tax dollars.
The mission of the Sedalia School District Foundation is to provide financial resources to stimulate learning opportunities for students, teachers, staff, and members of the community, including but not limited to scholarships, teaching aides, and facilities.
The vision of the Foundation is to provide all Sedalia School District students innovative opportunities to help them reach their full potential and become productive, valued members of the community.
The Sedalia School District Foundation was incorporated in 1995 as a not-for-profit corporation for charitable and educational purposes within the meaning of section 501 (c) (3) of the Internal Revenue code. The School Board and community leaders endorsed the Foundation because of the success of so many similar efforts by communities across the nation.
The Foundation is managed by a volunteer board of directors and operates completely independent of the school system. The superintendent of schools serves in an ex officio capacity. Representatives of the Sedalia School Board, the Sedalia Community Educators Association, and the Sedalia School District School Board serve as well. The Sedalia School District Foundation is committed to fostering excellence in education in each classroom. The Foundation has laid the necessary groundwork to realize the vision of providing educational enrichment at a time when public funds no longer provide all our classroom needs.
The Foundation's Goal
The goal of the Sedalia School District Foundation is to raise, manage, and distribute private investment to benefit our district's students, staff, and patrons.
The Sedalia School District Foundation, Inc. is a 501 (c) (3) corporation. Individual and corporate contributions are tax deductible under the definition of the Internal Revenue code.